Karva Chauth Blues!

It is Karva Chauth tomorrow and I see people all around shopping, applying hennas on hands and visiting beauty saloons and then it strikes me that I will never happen to be celebrating this beautiful tradition! Sigh! All my dreams since childhood gets shattered! I hate my boyfriend at such times! (obviously who is not a Punjabi!)
Didn't half of the girls in their teens want to get married to a Punjabi? Well I did for their grand weddings and the churas! Love them! 
Oh ya for all those who don't know, The Karva Chauth is an old tradition followed mostly in northern parts of India. The married women fast the whole day without food and water until they see the moon and pray for their husbands long life. Sweet thing no? But I see this fasting becoming a fad now. See around and you'll find all girlfriends fasting for their boyfriends/ crushes. And thanks to our very own YRF and the idiot box we have our husbands under pressure to fast for their wives just like SRK did! It shouldn't surprise us when very soon we see girls fasting for Brad Pit, Ranbir Kapoor or Yuvraj!

For me the whole Karva Chauth  is highly romantic. I would not just break my fast spotting the moon and run away to have dinner instead have a moonlight dinner with the husband. But its sad that people relate this whole romantic thing to superstitious beliefs about the husband not having long life if the wife does not fast on this day! So my Mr boyfriend you are going to have a short life, not coz you wont let me fast...but coz you are stuck with me. For life. Saddest part being I don't get to wear lovely saris, heavy makeup and my mother in law wont give me any Sargis and I wont be able to show my love to my husband in one of the many ways I'd want to!

Comments

HIM said…
I have to compliment on the way you can pen down your exact thoughts. Its commendible. :)
Ganesh Krishnan said…
excellently said... indeed i agree with ur part of YRF hahaha...

Infact you changed my attitude n thinking towards the ritual... true its romantic and so amazing to ahve a moonlight dinner... Simply awesome...
Priyesha said…
Thank you Ankith. It is an encouragement :)
Priyesha said…
Thank Ganesh :D

Yes we all need to see the good parts about thins and enjoy live and love! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my first boyfriend....

What gives you the right, to live in such pride?